Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Kevin Smith's ugly child

I was recently reminded of an interview I heard with Kevin Smith on NPR. The interview was, as you would expect, quite entertaining. A few times during the interview Kevin Smith referenced Jersey Girl and how it was a bad movie. This prompted the interviewer to ask "Was there some point during the filming and production of Jersey Girl that you knew it was going to be a bad movie?"

"Um, no. Not really. Not until the first screening anyways. I didn't expect it to be a great movie but I didn't think it would bomb that hard. It's kind of like having an ugly child. No matter how ugly your child may be, you can't see it as an ugly child. Because it's your child. It's not until someone says 'Oh my what an ugly child' that you start to realize your child may be ugly. Eventually there were plenty of people to tell me how ugly my child was."

The entire interview was really great. Thus proving the genius of Kevin Smith and NPR.


*Disclaimer: Kevin Smith's quote may not be exactly what he said, it was a couple of months ago that I heard the interview. But my paraphrase is pretty close.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was one ugly baby.