Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Boogie Burger

Quite possibly one of the best burgers I have ever eaten. Boogie Burger is a mom and pop hole-in-the-wall place located on the south side of East Lancaster, just west of the old Stripling Cox building*. And actually before yesterday I never knew of its existence. And its no wonder I never noticed it before, typically in that stretch of Lancaster I just keep my eyes on the road in front of me. I don't usually notice the businesses along there because I don't look to the side. I don't want to look over and accidentally make eye contact with someone, that's a good way to get yourself killed in that neighborhood.

Their burgers are juicy and greasy but not too greasy, just the right amount. Of course they are cooked to order and you have the option of adding some delicious grilled onions to the standard lettuce, tomato and pickle. They also have fries that are cut straight from the potato and never frozen. For $5.25 you can get a quarter pounder with fries and a drink. But you should go ahead and add bacon, which is always just the right amount of crispiness, for 75 cents more. They also have some other classics like milk shakes onion rings and corny dogs... but it's really the hamburgers that'll make you want to "boogie".

And don't forget to say high to the homeless guy out front. All he's panhandling for is your smile and a kind word**.


*North. There, now I managed to use all four direction in describing the location of a single place.
** And your money.

No comments: