Friday, March 06, 2009

Reflections

First I want to take a moment to thank Mel and The Judge for the gift of pictures from their wedding and the frame to go with it. Looking through those pictures caused me to reminisce about their wedding. Though I've seen each of these photos before, this was really the first time I've had the opportunity to sit down and take a good look at them. An assortment of memories swam through my head as I studied each picture. Among those recollections was one I had with a co-worker just before the wedding. I was telling him how excited I was for my friends, and also how excited I was that I was getting to be one groomsmen. He then asked if I was taking my girlfriend to the wedding. "Of course," I said, "she's excited too." He then said, "You better watch out. You take a girl to a wedding and then that's what all her thoughts will turn to. She's going to start thinking about getting married and that's all she'll talk about. You better watch out."

And as I think back on his words of wisdom, I can't help but appreciate the irony.

No comments: