Thursday, November 03, 2005

The God of Fashion


Shame on the media. Shame, shame. Do not trivialize how important it is to look good while on TV. The media is ripping apart former head of FEMA, Michael Brown for emails and comments that reveal he may have been more concerned with his wardrobe than saving lives in New Orleans. If Michael Brown showed up to an awards ceremony and wasn’t dressed well then the media would have ridiculed him, but if he is concerned about looking good in Louisiana… well, we should crucify him. The media in this country needs to make up their minds. Shouldn’t people try to look good anytime they are on camera? Besides, do we really want Michael Brown trying to help people, I mean, the man is incompetent. At least he cared about looking good, while some of the evacuees that were interviewed, clearly had no concern for looking good on camera. These are the people that should be ridiculed, not Michael Brown, because his priorities are in the right place, the evacuees priorities, clearly were not.

"My eyes must certainly be deceiving me. You look fabulous — and I'm not talking the makeup," writes Cindy Taylor, FEMA's deputy director of public affairs to Brown on 7:10 a.m. local time on Aug. 29.

"I got it at Nordstroms," Brown writes back. "Are you proud of me? Can I quit now? Can I go home?" An hour later, Brown adds: "If you'll look at my lovely FEMA attire, you'll really vomit. I am a fashion god."

No comments: