Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I love basketball

As I sit here watching the first game on TNT, but anxiously waiting for the second game to start (Maverick @Suns), I fill compelled to jot down a few things I am looking forward too, or not looking forward too, as the case may be.

- Who will be the first to break the new dress code rule? Some say Iverson, but I think he is too much of a coward, the kind of guy that's all talk. A friend of mine suggested it would be Tim Duncan, who has come out against the new code. This is interesting, because I'm sure that commissioner David Stern must love Duncan. He is not only a great player, but he's intelligent, and kind, and is the poster child for everything that's good about the NBA. As oppose the that thug Artest, or butt-raping Kobe.

- Watching Eddie Najara stay healthy for a full season, and playing on a team that will appreciate him. You seriously have to like the guy.

- Lebron officially becomes the next Michael Jordan. He has all the talent, and all the class, he just needs a ring. Actually, I have Cleveland picked to lose to Miami in the Eastern Conference Finals. But, barring injury, I think Cleveland is one good trade away from making to the finals.

- Antoine Walker's sour attitude, and constant underacheiving, will get him traded from the best team in the East. If Miami doesn't trade him then Cleveland will be playing Detroit in the Eastern Conference Finals.

- The Mavs: Dirk finishes 2nd for MVP, behind Lebron. Marquis Daniels wins 6th Man of the Year, because Stackhouse won't stay healthy. Josh Howard makes First Team all Defense. Avery Johnson finishes second in Coach of the Year voting behind Mike Brown of Cleveland (I don't really love Cleveland that much, but I am just predicting a break out season for everyone there).

- I've noticed that Marv Albert wears the same shade of lipstick as Alex Rodriguez. Weird.

- (I'm not looking forward to this) Sadly the Spurs will win yet another NBA title.

- (also not looking forward to) NBA on TNT. There coverage is really inferior. And I hate Charles Barkley.

- I love to watch Earl Boykins, that guy is like a quick little mouse, scurrying about.

- Despite the awful coverage by TNT, I do like the bit they do with Ali G when they go to commercial breaks.

- Over the off-season Marquis Daniels got a new tattoo on his back (he has like 18) in the shape of Florida, so that when he is playing he knows that "Florida's got his back." I can't wait to see that tattoo.

No comments: