Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Worst gift ever

I was reminded today of the worst gift I ever received. I dated a girl in high school, who repeatedly gave horrible gifts. For my 18th birthday she bought me a ticket to a Ranger game. A ticket, just one! I like baseball, and I enjoy going to games, but why would I go to a game by myself? How boring would that be? I don't go to movies by myself, I do go out to eat by myself, why would I go to a game by myself? She liked baseball, why didn't she buy two tickets? I had to use the ticket, I didn't want to hurt her feelings and tell her how lousy this gift was. I know it's the thought that counts, but does that really apply when the thought is stupid? I ended up telling her I was going to the game, then I just sat at home and watch it on TV. I went by her house after the game was over and she said "Hey, I think I saw you on TV, at the game." I maintained my composer, and didn't laugh in her face.

No comments: