Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Setting Goals

Partially inspired by Roper's successful song writing attempts and also because I think I should be doing more with my life currently, I've decided to start writing some stuff of my own. My long term goal would be to write a book of short stories but in the mean time I am going to try and write one with the intent of earnestly trying to get it published. I feel this is completely in my wheel house if I stay focused and don't try not to shoot too high. A secondary goal I have is to write 12 respectable[1] pieces of work (short story, poem or even a one act play) over the course of the next year. That's one a month if you're doing the math. But as it sometimes goes, I'm getting off to a slow start[2]. I'll need to get the writing book back from Roper that I loaned him and I think rereading some of that book will get my creative juices flowing again. I would like to be able to crank out something to post by the end of the month, but early next month seems more likely. Wish me luck and I'll have something posted soon for your criticism and enjoyment[3].


1. Something that I would feel comfortable posting for others to read.
2. This blog is the only thing I've written since making my goals.
3. Or maybe just criticism.

No comments: