Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Things I remember in late night TV from my childhood...

Do you remeber these commercials, I call it the "I learned it by watching you!" commercial. I don't remeber how long ago it came on, I guess it was late 80's or maybe early 90's. It had this guy, obviously the dad, busting into his sons room holding, what I think was a cigar box, or shoe box, or something like that. His son, looking like some punk kid, listening to head phones, laying on the bed, sits there stunned as his father grills him about the marijuana he has found in the box.

"Where did you get this?" he yells, "What are you doing with this? who taught you how to do this?" he says as he gets closer and leans in. The kid finally breaks down, and yells back "You! I learned it by watching you!" End scene.

Even at the age of eight, or how ever old I was when I first saw this, I thoguht this was hilarious. I can't even quite put it into words why I think this is so funny. Maybve it was the expression on the face of the kid, but I think I ust found this so absurd. The entire premise of this commercial, it still makes me laugh.

* * * * *

I also remember this show that came on after the the Late Show With David Letterman, The Late, Late show with Tom Snyder. Also known as the cure for insomnia. I don't remeber much about this show, I just remember it being so God-awful boring that I couldn't make it past the first five minutes. I don't why the hell I stayed up that late anyways.

No comments: