Monday, October 17, 2005

Why Michael Bamberger sucks ass....

I'm not much of a golf fan I'll have to admit. I enjoy playing occasionally, and I watch every now and then, usually the PGA when I do watch. I will say that I do kick ass at Tiger Wood's Golf on the PS2. But, I rarely watch LPGA, and have little interest in following it. I have also, never heard of anybody named Michael Bamberger, at least not before today.

Apparently, at the end of the day, yesterday at the LPGA Samsung World Championship, Bamberger informed tournament officials that he felt Michelle Wie cheated on a drop she made the day before. The officials reviewed the tape, check it out, and Michelle Wie was disqualified from the tournament. It turned out she did drop the ball closer to the hole, by a matter of inches, and therefore violated the rules.

``I thought about it more and was just uncomfortable that I knew something,'' Bamberger said. ``Integrity is at the heart of the game."

Okay, fine. I don't have a problem with the league disqualifying Wie, if in fact she did cheat, though some discretion could have been used here. But, rules are rules, of course. The problem I have is with Bamberger, or as I like to call him, Bamberger the Rat-Bastard. Any respectable journalist would say that their job is to report the news, not make it. So why then, did 'Rat-Bastard' decided to rat out Wie? He mentioned the Integrity of the game, but what about journalistic integrity? Why did he also wait more than 24 hours to go to the officials, long after it was too late for Wie to make an adjustment to the score card, and keep herself from getting disqualified?

Why? Because Michael Bamberger sucks ass.

No comments: